The benefits of life-long learning are extensive. A thirst for knowledge increases our wisdom, develops natural curiosity, and helps us find meaning in life. In Questions, Quizzes, and Quotations, retired high school teacher Benny Beattie shares a variety of fun quizzes and quotations sure to challenge both the young and not-so-young mind, produce a chuckle, and stimulate thought provoking discussion.
For anyone ready to take on mentally reflexive activities and questions, Beattie relies on his extensive research to share a plethora of trivia and general knowledge questions about our environment that will keep inquisitive minds busy. Ranging from easy to difficult, Beattie’s intriguing quizzes include questions such as the following:
• What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
• What’s the difference between the UK and GB?
• What part of the human body does not grow bigger after birth?
• How many US states share a border with Mexico? With Canada?
• What’s the difference between a violin and a fiddle?
• How many folds are there in a chef’s hat? Why?
It is a good feeling to know more about our wonderful world. Questions, Quizzes, and Quotations will encourage a passion for learning that will open up a world of possibilities for anyone interested in broadening their mental horizons.